Summer is arguably the best time to visit Northern Wisconsin, as evidenced by the droves of visitors that flock here to seek relaxation in a tranquil, laid-back environment. Whether it’s parents hoping to instill a reverence for the great outdoors in their children, couples seeking a romantic Wisconsin getaway, or the solo traveler, exploring the nooks and crannies of an untapped wilderness, Northern Wisconsin has something for everyone. To give you a few ideas, we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons to visit Northern Wisconsin this summer.
10 Reasons to Visit Northern Wisconsin This Summer
- Peace and quiet are probably the most appealing aspects of staying at a Northern Wisconsin resort. Escape the hustle and bustle of life’s tribulations and find comfort in a place where time moves a little slower. Wisconsin getaways have proven to be a great way to relieve stress and reconnect with the things that make life worth living.
- Tubing, kayaking, and canoeing down the Namekagon River is something many visitors and residents do in the Trego, Wisconsin, area. This “moving national park” offers a scenic view of Northwoods Wisconsin on one of its most iconic waterways.
- Golf has long been established as a favorite pastime for Northern Wisconsin visitors, and the surrounding area offers a few hidden gems.
- Annual summer events in Northern Wisconsin include various fairs, concerts, and festivals celebrated by the area’s local communities in Washburn County, Sawyer County, and the Twin Ports metropolitan area.
- Madeline Island is just over two hours away by car and ferry and has several parks, trails, beaches, bars, and restaurants to explore. Park your car in the ferry lot, or bring it aboard to drive around the island.
- Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake in the world and is only one hour north of Trego, Wisconsin.
- Fishing and Wisconsin lake resorts go hand in hand. Both Washburn and Sawyer Counties have a plethora of options to choose from.
- State Parks and other outdoor attractions in Northern Wisconsin offer scenic wilderness trails for hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, and nature photography.
- Dining at Heartwood Resort’s Pine Lodge Restaurant should be your first choice, but we’ll proudly admit our bias. Besides our excellent restaurant, the areas surrounding Washburn County, Hayward, WI, and Duluth, MN, provide some top-notch cuisine for when you aren’t at the resort.
- ATVing in Wisconsin offers unrivaled freedom as you splash through rivers, hit jumps, and speed by on hardpack. The elegantly disheveled trails and backwaters of Wisconsin’s Northwoods beckon you.
Explore Northwoods Wisconsin
While there are a lot of Wisconsin lake resorts to choose from, few can provide access to some of the quintessential attractions that make Northern Wisconsin so unique. In addition to its ideal location, Heartwood Resort has comfortable accommodations and enticing activities to make you feel right at home on your Wisconsin getaway. To find out why we’re one of the best Northern Wisconsin resorts, please visit us online or call 715-466-6300.